I have so many things to be grateful for this year.
I was spoiled rotten to be honest. Brazil--Porto Alegre, Florianopolis, and Gramado; our cruise to Bermuda, the vision trip Swaziland, Kruger Park in South Africa, Saratoga NY, Seattle and Olympia Washington, Portland and Columbia River Valley Oregon, Iowa (and soon Annapolis) all in one year. I love to travel. I love to see God's big beautiful world and His people and I was hugely blessed.
I am so thankful for my friends. My circle is widening now, but those few who have stuck with me through the tough times will always be my sisters. I am so grateful for them.
I am so grateful for God's blessing over Matt's job and for Matt's faithfulness to provide for us. I have always admired Matt's amazing sense of responsibility when it comes to work. He carries so much on his shoulders so that the girls and I are well taken care of. I am so thankful I don't have to work at this time because of Matt's sacrifice and God's provision for us.
I am thankful for my family--especially that they have been here this fall and winter season. It has been so much fun to have people around for the holidays.
Unlike Sarah who announced she was "thankful for her family, the end" at dinner time today, I could go on and on. But I will only mention one more thing.
I am profoundly grateful for God's healing in my life this year. As He promises He will do, He has guarded me from the enemy. He has protected my faith. This is truly a miracle.
There is so much more that I continue to ask Him for, though I am learning to ask for His guidance even in the asking...and I am finding that He answers. But I have entrusted my life to Him and hope that I am ready for whatever may come in the next year. My prayer today was, I don't want any of Your plans to fall through because I wasn't willing to cooperate with them. I will follow You wherever You lead me, and across whatever oceans, or stay home in the quiet, as long as You go or stay with me.
I am so grateful that I will never be alone.
![]() |
| Photo by Dad |
Happy Thanksgiving.
B

No comments:
Post a Comment