Photo by Bgrace
I took it home, packed it away for the summer and kind of forgot about it.
But in December I remembered it and brought it out, clipped the tags and snuggled up in it. I couldn't get away from the sense that the cobalt blue carried a significance...but I didn't know exactly what. I've been drawn to the color through the winter and spring.
Yesterday, I got a little glimpse.
I was with Sarah at the Dentist office yesterday. She had to have some pretty intense work done. They were finishing a filling and using what looked like a little hairdryer with a light on the end. Sarah managed to speak around the instruments in her mouth and with some interest said, "It's blue!"
Sure enough, it was a cobalt blue.
"Do you know why it's blue?" Dr. White asked.
At that moment I had this weird sense that God was going to help me to understand something. Dr. White explained to Sarah that they used blue light because white light was too intense. Too hot. Blue light was gentler. It would do the job with just the right amount of heat.
There are so many moments where I'm looking for white light, when what I need is something gentler, less intense. I may not be ready to understand everything ahead of me. I'm thankful for the warmth and beauty of blue light days.
Help me to trust that you know how much heat I can handle.

1 comment:
Becky,
Beautiful post Becky. As I look
out Dad's office window, the sky
is a haze of blue...it really is
quite pretty. I'll have to remember to ask God for some blue
light days.
We are now on line at the house...
am sure Grandpa will miss our being
over there so often but it is nice
to have internet closer.
We had a turkey dinner here with
Randy and the kids. Jason spent
the night with us. We took him
to the supermarket last night and
he reminded me so much of Sarah.
His favorite aisle was the candy
and the cookie aisle. He had to
show us his favorite by putting it in the basket. Hope Matt has had a
great Father's Day. Hugs, Mom
Post a Comment