Along the crooked path through the craggy rocks she beckoned me out
I met her just beyond the powdery pink border
Enormous spikes jutted out from her shores
Up and almost over me,
They stretched to give domed covering
Though I could still clearly see bright blue heaven
Longtails ride and elegantly glide upon the currents of the wind
Gentle white guardians who never dizzy from turn and spin
They make their home in the crevices of the rocks overhead
Small sanctuaries built on the ledge
Of every risen chin,
Hovering, keeping watch over those who enter in
"As the mountains surround Jerusalem"
He whispers so I might comprehend
Tide knocks at the door to the shore
Wear gives way to pounding force
Waves tumble through the opening
And rush in
Welcome or not
Yet the wet is but a gentle lapping
When water reaches my feet
A brisk clear caress
An invitation hence
I ponder and gaze upon her strength and beauty and unpredictability
She who is both graveyard and womb
No comments:
Post a Comment