Nov 15, 2011

November Guests


Photo from Pendle Hill
Bgrace
It's hospitality time!  Welcome. 
I'm inviting you to enjoy some guests that inspire me, bless me, teach me.

Music:
I've talked about this before, but The Living Sea album is one of my favorites.  I saw the IMAX film and knew I needed to get the soundtrack.  I just found this video of one of my favorite songs on the album and I love it.  It is such a beautiful, simple, rich expression.  Also notable on the album are the songs are Mad About You and Why Should I Cry. Check them out.



Katie Melua
I know...already talked about this movie/song, but I think this video is pretty great.
So is the movie.  Rent it if you haven't seen it. 



Movie:
This is an interesting movie.  It talks about betrayal on so many levels.  It really made me think.  You might want to watch, but it's not for the kiddos.



Writings:
Winter Hours has found its way off the bookshelf.  I discovered it when I went to the a retreat at Pendle Hill a few Novembers ago and fell in love with Mary Oliver's poems. 


I cannot tell you how much respect I have for this woman.  She is a teacher and writer gifted by God...there is no doubt of that in my mind.  I found this clip of her and I wanted to share it with you.  I have yet to follow the link to listen to the whole 30 minute session, but I plan to do so very shortly.



Artist: Remember the butterfly dress?  Luly Yang continues to amaze me, and inspire Emily to create beautiful gowns.  (Have I mentioned Em has taken up sewing?)  Check out this amazing dress from the 20/20 fashion show.


When I look at her work, I am so blessed by her gift.  Here is a link to her site, and I would encourage you to check out some links to her shows on youtube.  Em and I had a great time looking at them.  Below is an interview that says a lot about who she is as a person.



That's it for now, but I'm already working on December's guest list.  Have fun!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I have your copy of Winter Hours! (Along with about a dozen other books, haha. You'll be happy to know I've started Willard's book Hearing God :) oh, and I've put up a couple posts on my new blog, too. I still need to put a final post up on the old one though. Moving slowly...