Oct 10, 2010

Be Careful What You Ask For

Photo by Bgrace

There are so many sights that bring tears here.
 The one that gets me every time is the sight of children caring for children.

I wrote this prayer in the car on the way to the airport. 

Awake in my heart compassion
Even if it causes it to break
Awake in my hands healing
Though from the touch they ache
Awake in me faith
Though it take me toward greater mountains
Awake in me courage
Though it may lead me to bear up under the burden of greater responsibility
Awake in me perception
Though my ability to understand
Finds itself in the shadow of all I see.

1 comment:

Coralie Turner said...

Amazing! I can´t find words that adequately describe the thoughts and feelings of my heart. However, I just want you to know that I cannot thank God enough for you, Becky! Your wisdom far surpasses your chronological age. Your love for God is intertwined with every posting.
It´s a blessing to see that every one of his promises are kept...we can be confident that his mercies are new every morning! Love Tia