Sep 30, 2011

40 Day Vegan (Day 2)

Garlic and Chile Rice Soup with Spring Greens
(From Easy Vegan cookbook)
Photo and Food by Bgrace


Photo by Bgrace

This morning I had coffee and rye toast for breakfast.  Wasn't that hungry.  In my coffee I use a good helping of good old fashioned sugar and Silk  soy creamer.  It's really good. 

Sarah and I had pickles for a snack.  (She also had strawberry milk...yes, at the same time.) 

I usually eat a late lunch.  Today it was leftover soup.  Really good recipe.  After I took the pic I remembered to stick in tortilla chips and a handful of fresh cilantro over top.  It is much prettier that way...oh well, guess you will have to make it yourself to see. :-)  This is a tasty soup with an Asian flavor...It's basically garlic, ginger, soy sauce, veggie broth, green onions, rice, hot pepper and spring greens (I used spinach.)  Next time I will use half a hot pepper because this makes me cry when I eat it.  But seriously good for killing sinus problems.  I usually throw a salad together with whatever is in the fridge.  Today I used Zesty Italian dressing.

For dessert this is seriously good/good for you gorp.  I carry it to school sometimes.  Drank water...not nearly enough.  (Trigger Point Therapy class tonight.)

I was starving by the time I got home from school, so I did something you really shouldn't do...make yourself spaghetti at 10 PM.  It was so good.  Capellini with olive oil, salt and pepper, and  Diablo sauce (Giant's Simply Enjoy is my favorite.)  Topping it off with a glass of sangria.
'Night.

No comments: