Sep 29, 2011

40 Day Vegan

Brazilian Vinagrete
Photo (and food) by Bgrace


I've been thinking about doing this for a while...

I thought I would do a 40 day vegan journal. 
What I eat, what I make, what I eat when I'd rather cheat.  The recipes I'm trying: the good and the bad, the products I've found that I like and some recipes and photos.  I will TRY to post daily, but we all know how that goes.  And rather than doing a whole NOTHER blog, I'll try this here with other blog material interspersed. 
This morning I did not have a normal start...Em had an orthodontist emergency...so when I got there, I had coffee with sugar...no cream since they didn't have non-dairy.  Took the girls out for a quick breakfast before we headed over to the dentist (since Em's problem is early molars.)
Went to Gus's.  Not very vegan friendly.  BUT they did have raisin toast with no egg or dairy in it, so I had it with peanut butter and I opted for mint tea instead of black coffee again. 
I had a crazy day...didn't stop until 3:30...so by the time I had lunch I was STARVING.  Lucky me, I had leftovers in the fridge.  Brazilian food.  I had made beans and rice and vinagrete and green beans yesterday.  That with a little pineapple juice and rye toast was a fantastic feast. 
I'll post some more pics, an explanation, and recipes later...but I am late for school!

No comments: