Dec 21, 2011

You just never know what is going to happen during sermon prep...

Right up front, please allow me a few disclaimers. 
First, if you get worked up over "iffy" videos, please skip this post. (There are a few PG13 moments) (And I apologize to anti Twi-hards for the Edward and Bella scenes.)
Second, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH I SAMUEL. (Except the first video...in a loosely applied sort of way.) 
I am preparing to preach Jan. 1 and I will be talking about the tragedy of King Saul. (He is a classical example of a biblical literary tragedy.)  Anyways, after spending about 2 hours entrenched in (maybe just a tad-bit-dry) theological studies about him, I decided to google it just for fun.  I was originally looking for artwork and meandered to videos about tragedy. 
So then I discovered Christina Perri
I love these songs/videos/this voice.
She has the quality I admire most in any kind of artist.  Courage.  And I like that she's sometimes raw and sometimes whimsical.  It works for me.
Check out her whole repertoire, but here are a couple videos that, put together, string out a nice story line.  (With a happy ending, of course.) I think it's worth the time.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Finally watched them all. Wow oh wow. These were amazing.. and perfectly arranged :)