Oct 9, 2011

40 Day Vegan (Day 11)

So yesterday started as usual (coffee).

But then it got interesting.  Jean made Sunday dinner for us. 


This is butternut squash with a few onions, tossed with olive oil, oregano, basil, cilantro, salt and pepper and then oven roasted.  Easy except for peeling the butternut squash. 


These are my favorite grilled vegetables.  I think she brushed them with Good Season's Italian dressing.  So yummy.  Grace likes the summer squash, Sarah eats the onions and peppers, I get all the mushrooms. 


Then add grilled pineapple, homemade applesauce, and a baked potato with vegan sour cream, chives, and imitation bacon bits (soy), a glass of Riesling...and I had myself a feast.  (Everyone else had steak with theirs.)

JEAN YOU ARE FANTASTIC!

For snack I had some more chocolate and peanut butter, and when I got home from Bible study I had warm apple cider and a bagel with vegan cream cheese.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

You're really suffering with this whole vegan thing... :)

Rebecca Grace said...

I know, don't you feel sorry for me??

jean said...

I hear you Lauren, I need to fix you dinner with all your favorite foods!!! Hope to see you soon!