Sep 14, 2010

Enlightenment


Photo by Bgrace
I was looking at this picture this morning.  It whispered a bidding to step out onto the water and walk toward Jesus—to trust Jesus that much and trust my own ability to discern His leading.
How beautiful the path He has laid out for my feet. I hadn’t been able to see it until He illuminated it for me, which He has been doing over time. It’s such a breathtakingly precious path…like following a trail of crystals.
As I was reflecting, Sarah was rummaging in my cupboards again, and I reached her just as she pulled out a hand full of white powdery cornmeal which she let go all over the floor. I was trying to hide my irritation as I cleaned up the floor.  As I turned toward Sarah, I saw that she was standing in the path of a sunbeam streaming in from the kitchen window, rubbing her hands together and watching the powder float off her fingers and glisten in the light. She was mesmerized.
I recognized the wonder and delight in her eyes—and I thought—yes Sarah, that’s how I feel too.