Sep 25, 2010

Today I Feel...

Today I feel...
Photo by Bgrace

A few years ago, my mother, who was a preschool teacher for many years, gave me a children's book entitled Today I Feel Silly and Other Moods That Make My Day.  It's one of my favorite books.  Mom said it reminded her of me.  I have always been known to wear my emotions on my sleeve. 
Tonight I was driving home from work, enjoying the quiet and the wind.  This deep sense of joy ached out of my chest.  I've been experiencing this for a few weeks now. I kept waiting for it to fade, but instead it keeps getting stronger and steadier.
The only way to describe what I am feeling is that I know that I'm home.  This sense of home has nothing to do with what is behind me or before me.  It has nothing to do with any earthly blessing or lack thereof.  It is knowing that my heart is fully God's. We can only know that we are anchored in that place when it has been tested, proven. 
It's joy, contentment, love, strength, freedom, and finding all in the blessing of nothing else but God, and everything else only because it comes in Him and from His hand.  That is the place I've been traveling to for a long time. 
Today I feel finally, fully...home.

1 comment:

jean said...

Beautiful picture of Sarah...so full of life and much like her mom. I am so thankful that you are "home" and anchored by the outflowing of God's joy, contentment, love, strenght and freedom. You are blest my friend!