Oct 10, 2011

40 Day Vegan (Day 12)

Pear and coffee for breakfast.

Picnic lunch.  Sundried tomato/basil wrap with hummus, cukes, tomatoes, avocado slices, salt and pepper.  Potato chips on the side.

Snacked on Gorp.

Apple chamomile tea.

For dinner, noodles in peanut sauce.  Snow pea, celery, mushroom, tofu stir fry in peanut sauce.  Salad with Asian Sesame Dressing.
For the peanut sauce use 1/4 Cup peanut butter, 1/2 Cup HOT water to melt the peanut butter, 1/3 Cup soy sauce, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 2 teaspoons honey, 2 cloves garlic minced garlic.  Stir, toss with cooked noodles, top with peanuts, sesame seeds, and chives.  (You can add bean sprouts. I didn't have any.) After I serve myself I sprinkle with crushed red pepper.  It really does add a lot to the dish, but a little too much spice for the kids.  This is REALLY yummy.  Em had three helpings.  If you want to make a nonvegan version...add chicken.
The stir fry is not really a recipe.  First time I ever made tofu and I didn't really follow a recipe.  Sort of tossed it all in a wok with sesame oil and stir fried it.  Then I doused it with peanut sauce.  Turned out pretty good.



No comments: