Oct 9, 2011
Oh Mary Don't You Weep
I love this song. Matt introduced me to Bruce Springsteen and The Seeger Sessions a number of years ago. It is probably one of my favorite of all times.
I love this video. I think the way all the instruments show their uniqueness and individuality and yet come together so beautifully is such a beautiful picture of Community.
I love the lyrics. If you think about the fact that Miriam, Moses' sister, means Mary, this song carries meaning all the way back from her to all the other Mary's in Jesus' life that could sing this song too. Especially his mother.
I love the victory the song declares. I remember one day I needed to sing it so bad I turned the volume all the way up, snatched Sarah up in my arms and we danced it around the kitchen island. It felt like we were marching around Jericho. No matter what the battle, weep no more, Pharaoh's army got drown-ed. Oh Mary, don't you weep.
B
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment