Oct 7, 2011

40 Day Vegan (Day 9)

So sorry I didn't get this up sooner...
And by the way, the asparagus soup recipe (Day 5) is up!
Yesterday was one of those days where I had a cup of coffee and then nothing else until later...but it was worth the wait.


Remember all those apples we picked?  One of my favorite things to make in the fall is homemade applesauce. I filled the crockpot with apple slices, added a half cup of water, a few allspice balls, 2 long cinnamon sticks, a little brown sugar and a good dose of vanilla extract.  Viola!  It fills the whole house with the most wonderful smell.  All you have to do is get a spoon and smoosh it after it cooks a few hours.  When the girls come home they can't get to it fast enough. We love it best warm.

I had leftovers (salad, rice, beans, peas) for lunch.  We desperately needed some family time.  So when Matt got home from work we decided to head over to Fiesta Mexico for a fun supper.


WE LOVE to have them make us guacamole at the table.  Avocados, lime, cilantro, jalapenos, onions, tomatoes, salt.  Warm corn chips and salsa.
I had a Margarita on the rocks with sugar on the rim, and for my main meal I had a burrito with beans and guacamole inside, lettuce on top and rice on the side. Very good, but I have to admit I could barely eat half after all the corn chips and guacamole.


2 comments:

Lauren said...

What are all spice balls? Where would I get them?

Rebecca Grace said...

Allspice is a really common spice used in things like pumpkin pie. Usually we buy it ground. But you should be able to get it at your grocery in the spice section. I purchased mine at The Country Store in Mount Joy.