| Potato, Green Bean and Sun dried Tomato Roast By Bgrace |
Breakfast and lunch ended up being three cups of coffee, a small bag of potato chips, and a handful of gorp. I also had a few bites of raisin bread with vegan butter. Enough that I wasn't hungry until dinner. I didn't feel like fussing too much, and since I needed to use up the rest of the green beans, I found 4 potatoes and a half a jar of sun dried tomatoes and made this combination. It's really good. Passed the Matt test.
The key here is to take the oil the tomatoes are packed in and generously drizzle it over the raw sliced potatoes, green beans and chopped sun dried tomatoes. Dig your hands in and toss it really well. Put it on a cookie sheet and add kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bake uncovered at 400 for about 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are just tender. I didn't squeeze lemon juice over it right before I served it, but that would have made it even better. I ate this at room temperature, but you could eat it warm or cold.
Since I knew I would be up studying and my sweet tooth would be calling, I pulled some blueberries and cherries out of the freezer. It was supposed to be a crisp...but I was a little suspicious about the topping...should have listened to my gut. The topping just sort of melted into the blueberries and cherries. It was still really yummy, but I was glad I wasn't serving it for company.
Recipe:
4 Cups berries, 1 Cup sugar, 6 Tablespoons flour. Let it thicken, just to a boil.
Topping is 1/3 Cup Vegan butter (first time I tried it in a crisp, I usually use canola oil), Heaping Cup Sugar and Almost a cup of flour. Berries fit nicely in a round cake pan, add topping, bake at 350 for 40 min.
Next time, I'll try the crisp with a topping of oats, brown sugar (which I was out of), and flour and the vegan butter.
No comments:
Post a Comment